SPbCTF announces hack you ’17 CTF
On September 23, 2017 SPbCTF meetups crew and team Leet More announce hack you ’17 contest.
The tasks are targeted specifically at our first-year guys new to CTFs, but we decided to make it open to the world.
This CTF is Jeopardy-style. It means there is a set of information security themed tasks in several categories,
and each task has its own score value. The goal of each task is to find out some secret string — the flag.
The person that solves the task and submits the flag to the task page gets some score.
Read Wikipedia article for slightly more info »
There are 6 categories of tasks:
- Web (tasks that have to do with web technologies and site hacking)
- Forensics (tasks that involve analysing data formats and logs)
- Reversing (tasks that require understanding the algorithm of an executable)
- Network (tasks that feature messing with packets and examining traffic dumps)
- CTB ("Crack The Box" — tasks that are focused on getting code execution on a remote box)
- Misc (everything else: cryptography, open source intelligence, etc)
The registration is open from September 23 to the end of the competition.
Team registrations are not allowed. Please register personally.
The CTF contest starts October 8, 2017 at 21:00 MSK and will end October 14, 2017 at 21:00 MSK.
Tasks are hidden before the start of the CTF.
See you in our Telegram chat and on e-mail!